What if I told you that the original Hass avocado tree is still bearing fruit today? Perhaps, like that tree, if we consume more avocados, we’d live longer and healthier lives! While eating too much guacamole may not cause you to sprout into an avocado tree, it does mean that you will be fed both inside and out as a result of the health advantages of avocados.
One of the many advantages of avocados is that they supply the body with essential vitamins and minerals that aid in the prevention of disease and the maintenance of good health. Avocados include a lot of fibre and monounsaturated fats (healthy fat that your body needs)
Avocados have been linked to good health since 8000 B.C., according to research from Central and South America.
When bringing avocados home, bear in mind that storing them in the refrigerator may slow the ripening process, however placing them in a paper bag with a ripe apple may hasten it.
So, why should you consume avocados?
Here are some compelling reasons to indulge in these wonderful treats:
1) Vitamins- Avocados are abundant in vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6 and have a high-calorie content (about 320 calories). Because of all of these beneficial vitamins, eating avocados with other meals can increase your nutritional intake by up to 400%!
2) Avocados are particularly strong in healthy monounsaturated fats. So don’t be concerned about all those calories; the beneficial fats will keep you full and content for several hours, reducing your need to nibble!
3) Good for Your Heart– In addition to keeping you satisfied all day, an avocado’s fat content protects you against ailments like heart disease. Avocados’ main fatty acid, oleic acid, has been demonstrated to help with cardiovascular health.
4) Avocados are high in protein and contain all 18 essential amino acids that the body needs to produce a complete protein. While certain proteins are difficult to digest, avocado proteins are easily and quickly absorbed by the body.
5) Avocados are not only great for your health, but they are also a terrific treat for your taste senses. It’s no surprise that avocados have a long history of popularity. Avocados may be consumed in a variety of ways to get their health advantages. Avocado slices can be used in salads, soups, dips, smoothies, burgers, and sandwiches. Fresh guacamole is, of course, the best way to get the advantages of avocados.
Stay healthy and happy by stopping by our restaurant in Mindarie for some genuine On The Border Mexican cuisine topped with all of the avocado’s health advantages!